Wednesday, January 27, 2010




since we've opened sweeney todd (that delightful demon barber on fleet street), i have had some time to focus on little projects in my costume shop. after cleaning and rolling fabric, putting away unused costumes, and picking safety pins off the floor, i decided that today i would make sewing machine covers. jen, my trusty assistant, and i whipped out these colorful covers that are sure to put a smile on any one's face. usually i stay far away from pastels, but since i have lived with my sister (head of the pastel fan club) i have learned to appreciate these soft and relaxing hues. my favorite part, besides constructing the covers with my new project runway special edition computerized machine of love, was to come up with little embellished handles that are not only functional, but decorative. my favorite machine cover...can you guess?....is the pink and white striped one with the "strawberry" on top. i could just eat it....and i almost did. i mean i had it in my mouth but then jen pulled me aside and told me that the covers are not edible. so i guess i will just have to admire it from afar.

1 comment: